Missing data that you see on the server but not in your app, or vice versa, and errors when sending or receiving data from our servers are usually an indication of one the following problems:
- No network connection
- You do not have a network connection (wi-fi or mobile 3g, 4g, etc.) on the device and are unable to connect to the internet.
Connect to the internet. Simple enough.
- The data has not refreshed in the app yet, try to force a refresh
- Either a refresh is in progress or was canceled. The app automatically synchronizes in the background, though in this case the iPhone/iPad could sometimes use a little kick to get it to refresh right away.
For iPhone/iPad: Go to the Games tab, and click the circle arrow icon to start a full refresh.
For Android, go to your games list, click the triple vertical dots in the top right of the screen to open the menu, and select Refresh.
Give the app a few seconds to a minute or two (depending on how much data needs to be refreshed) and it should update all the data, assuming no errors occured.
- Proxy blocking at school
- You are connecting to a school server and are being blocked by a very strict "proxy".
Contact your school IT staff and ask that they enable the Digital Scout website so that you can use it on your device and on the web. (Basically they need to allow basic web traffic to digitalscout.com and its subdomains. If they need more technical details, have them contact us.)
- Invalid username/password
- Your username and password do not match the username and password you used to create your account.
This can only happen during login. If so, carefully re-enter your username and password, ensuring they match.
If that doesn't work, try to log into the Dashboard on the web—maybe you saved the password differently than you remember? You may also try resetting your password at any time by going to the login page and clicking the "Forgot Password?" link.
If you tried all of the above and continue to have trouble, contact support. In that email, please provide us with the following details to help us expediate the support process for this complicated issue:
- App version number
iPhone/iPad: located in the bottom right corner of the screen
Android: use the main menu icon (top right), select Settings, and the version is at the bottom of the screen.
- Operating system version number
Android or iOS operating system version, if you happen to know it. Or the device name can help us narrow it down some too.
- Provide us with the contents of the Sync Status dialog accessed from the app Settings.
- If on Android, provide the sync logs: use the main menu icon (top right), select Settings, tap the Data Status button. Tap the View Log button in the bottom right of the Data Status dialog. Tap the Send Logs (share icon on mobile) button in the top right and send those logs to us.
- And please tell us in your email what data you see on your device, what data is missing, and what you are expecting to see instead.
If you provide all of the above info to us, we can help you a lot faster!